Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Preparation for summer - Action plan


On Monday I got some great news (though could have been better ones). I will go for a summer internship to Benifaió, Valencia, Spain through IAESTE Slovakia.

I wanted to write down my action plan, but got an e-mail
from them (IAESTE), describing what they will need from me to do, to proceed with my application. And even then I just have a very high probability to go... I hate it when it's less then 99.69%...

I was always screaming when I was unsatisfied with something to everyone instead of talking to the person I needed to talk to, as I got used to the fact, that when I need attention usually people don't listen. And as for today I wanted to write onto my blog anyway, so I think I will write down the unpleasant facts around this traineeship, which though will be solved in a few weeks.

What angers me now is:

add 1.) The loosy description of the company, and what kind of work I will do there... This won't be that a big problem, but they would like to have a motivation letter from me, which is in this case I think pretty absurd. Of course, there are no limits for inspiration, if the price is right, which is (live in a different culture, country. The first time I will have the experience I'm so interested in)... And I heard now, that they can cancel my internship if they want to. But I have as usually no real information.
add 2.) The second intere
sting think is, that they want to get a list of subjects, I have completed in school... also quite absurd as I'm quite sure, that I will get that only in Slovak... so would be quite interested what does guys will do with it.
add 3.) That I didn't know this could happen. The actual information flow from IAESTE was, that I will have to make language test, give some papers after that, and then I will be able to go abroad. This was in November. Since then no information at all. And now I'm surprised. And actually this is what angers me the most. I hate it when something appears, what I'm not prepared for. It simply drives me mad.

On the other hand I have to say, that this gives me a feeling of great pleasure after making the tasks. But usually it took 2-3 hours to get the results of my work. Now it can be weeks. grrr I hate to wait with things that influence me so much and can't do anything about them (and I'm sure there are just a very few ppl, who wouldn't feel the same).

Maybe I'm just comparing to much, as I worked in AIESEC, that has a totally different way of managing these kind of things. Maybe.

On the other hand, please don't get scared by this entry. It is a mood, which will pass away, in my heart I'm excited and more then happy, that I've got this chance. I'm looking forward to it, and want to get as much as I can from it. So all in all, imagine me with a smile on my face ;)

No comments: