Thursday, March 6, 2008

How easy life was...

In the last days I was remembered my childhood. I don't believe that I have ever grown up. This is a statement, that has to be clarified. I feel like a child, cause a child searches and enjoys the moment, while for me a grown up plans his/her future and enjoys the process and the success.

A few days ago I had to copy some documents, and at the copy shop there was a child looking at the movie "The Little Engine that Could". He was watching it on the computer, through which they print from USB keys (pen drives). The seller came (most probably mother, not sure), told that he should wait a few seconds, and can watch it again.

Of course he was quite unpleased by her decision, to stop him from his activity... well no one really cared about him, so it was natural to watch what is interesting a bit... And it was also natural for him to complain on the change of his position.

I would have felt in his situation now, like I'm unimportant, and just in the way. A quite unpleasant feeling.
So I tried to make him smile. I love the fact how easily you can make children smile just by paying them attention, and so getting their curiosity. So I payed him attention. He looked around, so he saw me. I was looking right into his eyes. He didn't pay much attention at the first seconds, but as I was looking at him still he got slowly curious. After 20 seconds we played hide and seek with eye contact. Hiding the eyes behind the chair between us, and then searching for the eye contact again

This whole game gave me also a feeling of peace, calmness and happiness. The wonder of a simple childish game. He smiled, which made me smile also.

PS: Picture can be freely used, thanks to www.morguefile.com and Mary R. Vogt. Be aware that even a picture has it's copyright, not only music and video! ( original: http://www.morguefile.com/archive/?display=186338& )

No comments: