Monday, December 15, 2008

X-mas dinner in Banska Bystrica

I had a wonderful Friday last week. After the AIESEC conference called Highway I decided to go to Banska Bystrica. A good cover reason was to bring back the badge of a person :P The only think left was a good timing. And I got to know that on the 12. December they are organizing a x-mas dinner. Definitely a good opportunity to meet the people.

So I arrived at the dorms at midnight after my dance classes and a few beers. Looked up on the internet, if by chance I got some information on how to get to the places at Banska Bystrica, as I had no idea were I will sleep, or meet the other people... So I got a small map, from which I tried to figure out were to go... Nice start, reminds me of the way how things are done in... AIESEC? :)

So after I woke up at 7:10 caught the bus at 9:30 arrived at 13:00, I was more then happy to get the wrong direction for 10 minutes... but after that everything went smooth. I put down my stuff at the dorms, and we went to the AIESEC BB office. I was never there before, but heard it was pretty big. Well not as big as the CUs office in 2004, but much bigger then it is now :P

I was a bit afraid how the people there will treat me. I knew 2-3 people from the LC, and most of them just left when I arrived. So I introduced myself quickly with the belief, that I will forget all the names as soon as I hear the last one... And it happened that way :P So I started a few random conversations with the people around me and it was fine, except of the fact that this is a beautiful LC, I really quickly realized how friendly the people are. They decided to make in the first hour or so just random postcards, so I was painting in my random style...
I will maybe upload some pictures. As I can't paint, I use to make easy drawings and connect them... You'll see you'll understand.
Except of that I was watching old slovak fairytales, and in this atmosphere I got the feeling of being 4-5 years old and waiting for Jesus to bring the presents (in these parts of the world it is the little Jesus who brings the x-mas presents :) ). Once my grandfather asked me if I have seen the leg of a little angel just flying out of the window, as we stepped into the room with the x-mas tree. I believed I saw a small white figure just disappearing - most propably the curtains - and I believe till now that it was the leg of an angel... Nice memories.

Anyway, we continued with some games, a small visit at the x-mas markets and then going back to the dormitories, having a tea, some more games then the x-mas dinner (with traditional kapustnica) and a small award giving ceremony. Then we left to have a party till 4 am.

What to add, there is not much I could write down, as my feelings from happiness come from the people around me, who were so friendly and open, that I felt from the first seconds like I would know them for ages. It filled me with joy :)

Except of that from the x-mas dinner I met a lot of old friends I haven't been talking to for a while. I realized again, that I need a few more topics of interest/specialization, what I could study and influences people in general. In the last days I was studying some social network services (facebook, linkedin etc.), and seems pretty interesting where these technologies are leading us.

And for the end a short story about how easy it is to get away from BB, too... I have spent a bit more money, then I anticipated, so at the end when I got to the bus station, I had a good timing - the bus just arrived, but I didn't had enough money... Thank god I had food vouchers and a friendly guy (now he's friendly, during the negociations he didn't like the idea :)), who gave me money for the food vocheurs. :)

And another party on Saturday night! Had to sleep a lot before that! :) I'm very sorry, that I didn't had my camera with me = no pictures :(

PS: the picture with the angel and the moon was taken from this site

No comments: