Thursday, March 15, 2007

A day after the day after... Bad luck

The only thing important for today is that I wrote and successfully saved my homework, when a half an hour after that my PC crushed. I was watching a movie, and the pic/sound stopped suddenly. I turned off the PC, but when I turned it on again the leds were OK, but the monitor didn't start. I have taken the PC apart (BIOS reset, taken out all the drives/RAMs/cards as used to in DELL through the phone, when I worked there) but the same problem - PC starts, power on and working signals shine on the front, no beep code or anything. I think my mobo (mother board) is defect. Yipee, just 4 months ago I had to replace my power supply... Will have to get a new PC from home :( All my progs gone, have to reinst everything now. I had a fully functioning system (except the SQL database :P). This will take me a days work to get a system like I had before. Installing Win and Linux + applications... Thank God I at least have all the progs on my external hdd, and there is no important data I could recall which went lost for the next 2 weeks. The only thing that bothers me is the dictionairy and the apache server :) So I don't have a place to learn php further on.

Wish me luck, so I get a functioning PC soon.

No comments: