Sunday, September 2, 2007

Blue Blood

Also from my fathers and mothers side I had nobles in the family. I don't think it is in any way surprising for the territories of the Hungarian Empire (till 1918), as if I'm not mistaken from the 18. century you could buy here also a rank from the emperor. Though I don't know the origins of my families.

I just wanted to share this, because my grandfather was searching for his origins. He knew from the tales he heard, that originally they were from Croatia. There was one tail, that for a blood transfusion they had to bring here ppl from Croatia to have a similar blood, as the people in their region had no "compatible" blood. He found the family crest in a book, then made a copy of it. I just wanted to share the crest of the Rarovichi (I'm not sure if the name is written right.) family.

...well to and the story, in both families we lost the rank of a noble, as it was given to players, who lost them on cards...

1 comment:

Lukas Horvath said...

Hmmmm, I wish I'd have royal background as well. Anyway that coat of arms is very interesting. It's a pity that you lost in in such a stupid way - losing that in a card game. But nothing lasts forever.