Sunday, May 31, 2009

Diary of Awesomeness

In February I had two weeks of poor awesomeness, when everyday I just felt great! I don't know why I enjoyed life that much, but I'm definitely sure, that the my song list helped me a lot. So I just want to wright down my main reason why I felt fine those days.

Day 1. In all started on a Thursday, as I had dance classes the whole day long there was something to look forward to. This will be true for every Monday and Thursday... Afterwards we had a few beers with a few fellow dancers.

Day 2-3. Big Pig! I went with some friends to the Czech Republic to an event called Big Pig. There we ate a whole pig on Saturday and Sunday in the morning. I met some old friends from the Czech Republic and made a few new ones. Outside it was a beautiful nature and a lot of snow. The kind you just drift away in its beauty. And of course, as usually, a lot of fine beer. The last party was also great with some drinking, a long evening dance, and then the drunk people singing text they don't even know. Something like a team building activity. On the way there we were drinking black Krušovice. It became my favorite brand of beer.

Day 4. Traveling back was also fine. The most stupid jokes seem hilarious when you are tired as hell. :) And the best part came, when we arrived in Bratislava. With Stoky and Kincho we sat down in a pub and started to call up friends, if they wouldn't want to join us. We started to call at 4pm, and went away at around 11pm. There were maybe more then 10 people coming on such a short notice, and all great people! Some I haven't seen for a while :)

Day 5. Monday – after having a good sleep, was looking forward for the dance classes again :)

Day 6. A once in a while opportunity. Having a queen night with a few fine bottles of wine. We were at Ivo's place watching a Queen concert, talking about music, and random stuff. Perfect night, I will have to organize such events in the future, when I will have a flat. A part of the truth is, that I've got lost on my way there. It took me 2 hours to get to his place instead of just 35 minutes. But exactly when I found the right street the song You Can't Always Get What You Want from the Rolling Stones started. It was a heavenly feeling: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_Ji83e4mUA

Day 7. Wednesday is teatime, at least once a month. And that's always a good enough reason to have a good day! :)

Day 8. Thursday dance class!

Day 9. Meeting up with some classmates from my high school. Always a fun thing to do

Day 10. Poker night with my brother

Day 11. Peace and quite – a well deserved break.

Day 12. Monday Dance class!

Day 13. Dance house – which means teaching folk dances to the public – in this case Hungarian ones

Day 14. Sushi night at a friends place

Day 15. Thursday – dance class

Day 16. AIESEC alumni meeting of my local committee. A perfect opportunity to chat with friends I haven't seen for ages

Day 17. Jazz night in Dunajská Streda with Slovakia's best bass player.

AWESOMENESS
"When I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story."
Barney Stinson

The playlist (songs from House MD, 1-3 season):
Bird York – In The Deep
Curtis Mayfield – Superfly
Eddie Harris – Listen Here
Gomez – See The World
Joe Cocker – Feelin' Alright
Joe Cocker – N'Oubliez Jamais
Josh Ritter – Good Man
Leon Russel – Stranger In A Strange Land
Louise Armstrong – What A Wonderful World
Lucinda Williams – Are You Alright
Marc Cohn – One Safe Place
Massive Attack – Teardrop
Mazzy Star – Into Dust
Michael Penn – Walter Reed
Rolling Stones – You Can't Always Get What You Want
Scott Joplin and George Gershwin– The Entertainer
Solomon Burke – None Of Us Are Free
The Gorillaz – Feel Good Inc.
Zero 7 – In The Waiting Line

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Самые свежие новости мира и России вы можете увидеть в сайте http://wlna.info/