Saturday, June 9, 2007

The fight between good and evil

We live in dark times. You never know what could happen to you and when. You never know what the person next to you thinks. Everyone is suspicious, everyone can be the bad guy.

Or story happened ones in Bratislava... It was an unusual warm summer day when you sweat till you have water in your body. The people where happy anyway. They didn't know, didn't care what will happen. They though it was only a regular day, with a small festival called Junifest, where beer was flowing like water. And we all know, that beer is one of the most dangerous drinks in the world, which can make ppl go crazy and do things, which can't be told out loud.
It was already past MIDNIGHT when the evils spark sprang into its victim. Some ppl noticed how is eyes started to be starry but they though it was just because of the beer. The waitress suspected the least, and it was a horrible mistake from her to not take it away earlier. And so the inevitable finally happened. A litter jug slowly slipped into the backpack, the devil himself smiled in hell. But he still could make a move to make our antihero suffer for his mistake... there where 2 guards at the door, who just a second ago controlled every bag!
It happened as it should in all stories with drunk people in it. He has chosen the time to live so, that the guards didn't give a damn. Phuh... said or antihero, when he noticed that another guard is standing at the gate just a floor lower. When he learned something in life (and from a lot of managers) then it is, that if you want to make a good expression, make the things they want you to do even before asking... So he opened his bag and showed it the guard. The guard looked into it quickly saw a jacket in it and didn't care anymore. Freedom!
I will be feeling always guilty when I will drink from this glass. Thats my penalty from life. And I'm 99% sure, that I won't do it again.

Take care!

Reclaimer: In Slovakia it is NOT a normal thing to steal!!! If I wouldn't be drunk I would think about that, as it is a beautiful peace of art, and I have in my room just a 0.5l glass, and to buy one is quite expensive. But I really wouldn't have taken it!

3 comments:

Lukas Horvath said...

Oh God, it's beautiful jug.

Thanks for sharing the story, in this case it was worth and you don't have to feel that guilty if it happens once and due to big passion (or maybe I'm wrong).

Földi Flóra said...

Hey, it happened with me too, but only once, what's more, I have a Ringnes jug that another person used before it jumped into my backpack... But I work for Ringnes, the beer company, I really needed this memory and you can't buy it anywhere... If the Norwegian people, who always keep the rules would know it :-)

Peti said...

:) Thanks, I feel a bit better now :) If you live in Slovakia, you must love beer. And so a beer jug is the part of the culture... Now I got the idea, I will take it with me on my internship :) Hopefully I won't go into an arabic country :P