Sunday, July 29, 2007

Music - Portal

Once in a while I browse the net for amateur bands, to listen to their music, and find something new. Till now my favourite site in this way was http://fm4.orf.at/soundpark Here the bands could upload their tracks, and in the first month you are able to download them, and then just to hear them out. Anyway there are some good songs, though not many in a good quality. But I have found some bands I like.

But recently I have found another site. www.garageband.com I listened to the progressive best 40. Well I wasn't much caught by the most of the songs, but it didnn't matter much, as already the second song was incredible. Portal - Insurgent few (life) You can hear the song at http://www.portalband.com

I was amazed. Then looked around at their site, and found out, that they are needing some translators. So I translated their bio (took me ages) into Hungarian. and send it to them. In less then 30 mins I got a reply, that its fine, and the only problem si that they are making now a new site, as the new CDs is comming out. .. well problem is the bat word... opportunity - make a translation of that one, too, and get a goodie package with a CD, stickers and a T-shirt!!! Well thats motivation :)

They also told me that they might come to Slovakia during they Europe tour!!! Would be so happy to see them. :)

And thats the fun in finding amateur bands, which no one knows, and then you are the one, who is a contact person, and get top know them ;) Hell I love it!

1 comment:

Jirka said...

I have checked the song clips at their webpage. I like it, even though I cant say i am amazed:) I am rather sleepy now, perhaps it is slightly too aggressive for my current mood:)
In some points they definitely resemble some music which I know, I am just thinking what it is... Definitely in some moments they sound similar to TOOL and also OSI.


btw my email address is jiri.kolena@gmail.com