Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Akeboshi

I will once in a while upload song texts which I hear in different moods. As music is not only the instruments playing (OK, this time I include into instruments also a PC, though won't do it again most probably), but there are a few songs, interprets, which caught my attention with their lyrics.

Akeboshi is the first artist I want to introduce. A Japanese pop and folk singer. What amazes me in his art is a very simple melody which I think it is unique in his way. The most charismatic details in his performance is his voice and the acoustic guitar or piano. Though it was a song with an English text that caught my attention most of his songs are in Japanese never the less they are more then enjoyable.

The song caught me because I believe it has pearls of wisdom I can find myself in or would like to live according to. That's all.
I think it is a great motivational song. The simple rule of fight while you can and don't look back.

"Motivate your Anger..." - I try to control my emotions in almost every second of my life. It makes me look like a neutral person, who does not have a lot of emotions. I enjoy the fact that it makes me have a better overview of the situation.

"Sneakin' out the classroom, by the back door
A man railed at me twice, though
But i didn't care
Waiting is wasting, for people like me"
- is close to my heart because of my experience in a non-for-profit organization. Searching for opportunities, not waiting for them. This is my interpretation.

"Reflections of fear make shadows of nothing" is one of my favorite lines, as it also describes my thinking. And very often I know I would be off much better doing the think I want to do, and I still don't.

"You Still are blind if you see winding road
'Cos there's always a straight way to the point you see"
- for me this means that when you have a goal then don't distract your attention with thinks you must not do.

Akeboshi's popularity all around the world came thanks to the anime series Naruto (who knows a bit about anime has for sure heard about this serial). In the ending of the first episodes the first two verses of Wind were played. Thats exactly where he caught my attention also.

At the end of the article, there will be links on his songs, which were used on different "fun-art" videos.

Wind lyrics

Cultivate your hunger, before you idealize
Motivate your Anger, to make them all realize
Climbing the mountain, never coming down
break into the contents, never falling down

My knee is still shaking like i was twelve
Sneakin' out the classroom, by the back door
A man railed at me twice, though
But i didn't care
Waiting is wasting, for people like me

Don't try to live so wise,
Don't cry 'cos your so right
Don't dry, with fakes or fears
'cos you will hate yourself in the end

Don't try to live so wise,
Don't cry 'cos your so right
Don't dry, with fakes or fears,
'cos you will hate yourself in the end

You say dream the dream
I ain't gonna play the fool anymore
You say 'cos i still got my soul

Take your time baby
Your blood needs slowin'down
Breach your soul to reach yourself, before you gloom
Reflections of fear make shadows of nothing
-shadow of nothing-

You Still are blind if you see winding road
'Cos there's always a straight way to the point you see

Don't try to live so wise
Don't cry, 'cos your so right
Don't dry, with fakes or fears
'Cos you will hate yourself in the end

Don't try to live so wise
Don't cry 'cos your so right
Don't dry with fakes or fears
'Cos you will hate yourself in the end

Don't try to live so wise
Don't cry 'cos your so right
Don't dry with fakes or fears
'Cos you will hate yourself in the end

'Cos you will hate yourself in the end
'Cos you will hate yourself in the end
'Cos you will hate yourself in the end

Wind
Rusty Lance
A Nine Days Wonder
Night And Day
Yellow Moon

-----------------------
update 2009.07.05:
-----------------------

I found the translation for Haikyo no Sofa (the translation is in the comments):
This is a rainy city, formerly a beautiful and legendary port city
Now ruins stand here, and it overflows with people that pester you for change

In a house where a student with different colored skin lives
Is where I've settled down; Only half a year has passed since that rainy day
I walked on because of the stubborn sound of the bell
I'll find us on a stone-paved road

Walking in the rain I've been told today
never wanna see you again.
I feel like I'm still wet in this tiny room
why should I pretend to be high.
I walk to Green Fish to listen to the sound of silence.
A man who plays the harp gently shakes my hand
and he leads me in to the story of him.

I see you shouting and yelling and struggling
But I can't hear your voice
I see you shouting and yelling and struggling
But I can't feel the same


I headed up ahead for a cafe on the edge of town, not finding a song I want to hear
My cold heart melts with the smell of the soup and the Celtic tones
I wonder how many times I've been saved by the conversations of the round old man that picks herbs?
The heading on the newspaper on the table somehow projects what's outside

Please send a comment if one of the links doesn't work. Arigato.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

'A Japanese pop and folk singer. What amazes me in his art is a very simple melody which I think it is unique in his way. The most charismatic details in his performance is his voice and the acoustic guitar or piano.'

Agreed.

Anonymous said...

frikin amazing i love his song sounds it touches my heart without me understanding a word

Anonymous said...

Burberry Escape on the hindrance online.The Best Burberry outlet www.burberryoutlet--store.comStockpile to rotate for at Burberry outlet products online. Ignore [url=http://www.burberryoutlet--store.com/]Burberry outlet[/url] evasion watch over exceptional upto 70%, and self-ruling shipping!

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye. Thank you very much.

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye. Thank you very much.

Anonymous said...

simply dropping by to say hi

Anonymous said...

check zsmOwOAD [URL=http://www.hermes-birkinprice.weebly.com/]birkin bag price[/URL] to take huge discount qKxgxEes [URL=http://www.hermes-birkinprice.weebly.com/ ] http://www.hermes-birkinprice.weebly.com/ [/URL]