Friday, March 6, 2009

Dancing

I had a strange feeling the last 2 weeks. A part of the joy in dancing just disappeared. I made some mistakes, but mainly some kind of a spirit was missing, and I didn't know what the problem was. For a while I though the way I'm changing, with more and more experience my style of dancing changes and with it the excitement fades a bit. It was an unpleasant feeling.
The other day I was talking to a new guy about dancing and what I have heard from others, while one particular sentence stuck in my mind. He sad something like this: "When I dance with a woman, there is nothing else on this world except of her. She is the thing that I desire the most, and I want to have her.". So before my last dance class I decided to dance for her and not for myself.
This small change in mindset made me realize in some moments, that I behaved precise: "step, step, step, find your partner, catch her, now direct her to your right, and start again". I wanted to get the perfect movement coordination. After that I told to myself to take more care about the stuff around me. I don't know if this change of thought changed my style of dancing, I just know that somewhere I payed more attention to my partner, I don't know if it was just a small sentiment that overcame me, I definitely want to find out. The fact is, when I cared, I felt more alive, more connected, like I dance with a person, while I was dancing before with a "thing".
I'm deeply sorry for the time I didn't pay attention!

No comments: