Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Is this music? Give me a break!

"Gush, terrible! Give me a beer and two shots!"

I just read the lyrics below on a friends blog, and though I know the song from somewhere...
"If you want it
You already got it
If you thought it
It better be what you want"
So I googled it out and found out it was from Madonna and Justin Timberlake (4 minutes)... At that point I had a bad feeling, but curiosity pushed me into listening into it. I remembered the few times I was clubbing on this song, where it was bearable, and remembered I always was with good friends and after a nice number of shots at that time. God bless I learned to ignore music as is in that state, and just drift away with the people around me!
While listening to that "music" I couldn't find anything at all that would make me say, yes, that was good. A monotone bass in the background, a hornlike continuous sound in the foreground using the same old notes, as every other hit (I mean I don't have that good ears, but that is already a cliche). The "singing" has also no added value, except of the fact, that Madonna and JT are doing it.
Please note the article is about the song itself, I do like some of Madonnas older songs, and I look up to her for what she accomplished, even this song is a good example of how good she can adopt to the needs of the listeners. If the folks want it, give it to them, but I can't feel any joy listening to this. And I would like to have better mainstream music... or internet radios. I like to search for new music, but it gets harder and harder to find something worth to try.

PS: sorry, for everyone who likes the song. It definitely is catchy, but I see no value in this song, that could last longer than a summer rain...

No comments: