Monday, April 23, 2007

Music


What does music mean to me? Why do I need it?

Music is emotion. Music is a way of self-expression. Music is a feeling. It influences every cell in my body and mind. It influences my mood and I want it to do so.

The only problem is, that the same music gives a totally different feeling to different people. See I don't like electonic at all, as my head begins to ache when I here the constant drum-machine for half an hour. On the other hand some people use it to party hard... Thats quite a shame, cause I think music could be much more used for defining feelings than words, if people would feel similar about hearing the same music. But we are different also in this way...

I think if we could simply share what's in our minds wouldn't work neighter as the optimal way of communicatin. 1. question is what we will share. Moments or memories in our minds, that pop up? But then if I want to say somebody I feel relaxed, then maybe I would send a picture with a me on a jazz concert with one of the best solos on guitar or saxophone or vocals or drums or... (Sorry got away with the though... or bass ... :)) While the one I'm sending my memories doesn't understand jazz at all...
But what if we would send feelings? Except of the problem in modern society that we don't want to share our feelings, cause what happens if somebody hurts us, I think also the same problem can come up as with pictures. Misunderstanding based on the character of the person. For me in a way even though it hurts a bit the feeling of solitude is a way of expressing comfort and safety. I don't know what you are associating with solitude. It could be fear, boredom...
So I think there will be always the question, how we can express ourselves the way ppl would understand us properly... maybe we can't. Though I would wish we could at least smile at eachother from our hearts more. It's a fine feeling for me if someone smiles at me :)

back to music
I do live my whole life with music. During everyday life I hear mostly calm, could say 'sleepy' music, as it is very fine to sleep on this kind of music. I think I like it better that way. I don't like to run in general. :) Although some more energy would be nice to do my work better...

And now a sortiment of the music I was/am listening to:
I like different kinds of music but it has to be instrumental music. From Rock through different Jazz and Blues styles through metal till some classics and also german pop-rock and the kind of english pop which The Verve plays. So basically if I would like to wtirte down my evolution (one phase is specified by the fact that I have listened to that interpret the most):
0.phase - Republik, LGT, Queen
1.phase - Nirvana, Mettalica
2.phase - Nightwish
3.phase - Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple
4.phase - Agnes Milewski, K's Choice, The Verve, Richard Ashcroft, Coldplay, Omega
5.phase - Anime OSTs, Enya, Afro Celt Soundsystem, Waking Vision
6.phase - Dire Straits, Fleetwood Mac
6,9.phase - Nohavice, Ghymes
7.phase - Macy Gray, Morcheeba
8.phase - Radiohead
9.phase - Tatrai band, LGT, Presser Gabor

Something like this. Of course I have to add that till now I was on two Glenn Hughes (ex-bassist of Deep Purple) concerts. Gods it's incredible what that man can do with his voice. The atmosphere which I felt there was always fascinating and touching. I can recommend him to everybody who likes to see a group of "high-end" musicians on the stage.
Here is most propably the right place to thank Luki for a lot of hours teaching (well telling me) about music. Thank you a lot, you gave me a widther overview about music.

PS: as I was writing this blog I found a new pearl :) Robin Thrower. Style is near to Led Zeppelin. Extremelly nice drum solo at the end :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s14laZt2qZg

No comments: