Thursday, May 3, 2007

Tagged

Today I've got 3 messages from very good friends, that I've got Tagged! For those who don't know - one of those online communities where you should get "connected" with your friends and have an easier platform to share the things you can share anywhere else. Though they give you the opportunity to have all your stuff at one place... Well I don't see the added value compared to a blog or a website.
Usually I ignore these but not now, as this had to be a warning for something (I believe that there are no coincidences, and I usually try to find a meaning...) I think now, that I got these tags cause
  1. I have friends who think about me
  2. I get annoyed by these portals
I first met one of these communities I think 2 years ago, of course subscribed. Why not, a friend is invitating me. The annoying stuff started around 3 or four weeks later when I should have joined at least 5-10 new communities, half of them containing the same ppl I saw in the first one. As every one of these communities offers the opportunity to send an invitation to all the ppl you have in your contact list...
Even more annoying is, that most of these portals need the same information from you to enter, and really I don't want to even copy paste all this info from one place to another... although I didn't have to fill them at all.

Well then comes the idea of unification, as in every period of computarilazation (humankind?) when somebody will say stop. Why can't everybody has an own style community which he updates, and just connects him/herself to everybody else he would like to. Or at least a place which contains these repeatedly appearing information, and when you change it in one system, you will change it in all of them. I do not see this option as real, as who would like to give his/her information into a "central" database, where with just maybe a loggin name and a password anyone can enter... So the long line of this communities will continue. I have to cope with it I think.

Anyway looking to read/write some more blogs :)

...
Maybe I will change my opinion... I had a bad mood while writing this blog.

No comments: