Friday, May 18, 2007

After Eurovision 2007

So the Eurovision is over. I congratulate Serbia for winning the contest. They had a very good song, although not one of my favourite.

Hungary got in the end 9th. I think it's a very nice result, so that means Hunagry will be represented hopefully also next year in the finals. I would here thank for Serbia for the ten points (we have given you back the favour :)) and also for Finnland for the 10 points. At the beginning of the show our reporter at the Eurovision was telling, that a technician came into his place and said, that his favourite is the Hungarian song... although not because the music, but because the nation.

This is for me a very interesting statement. Depending on what the nationality means for you of course. For my nationality is very important, as I'm a minority in Slovakia, it shows were I came from, and were I belong to. That's why the technicians sentence made me feel happiness and respect. I interpreted in these words a feeling of brotherhood between nations or I think we are only cousins in this case, cause our culture differs a lot. But it is anyway a very good feeling and motivates me to prefer Finns a bit more. (Though maybe they told every reporter who was in Finnland the same to get more votes :P, but I don't believe this theory...) Anyway I have a good opinion about Finnish people till now, so maybe I will go there and look around one day, to see if they are the kind of people I have heard they are (I met around 7 Finnish ppl in my life till now and all just for a short time). We'll see. Anyway I'm deeply sorry that you didn't get any points from Hungary :( Though I have no problems with the music Hungary voted for in general (except Turkey and Belarus, Greece is also doubtful...). I really liked the idea of Romania singing about love in 5 different languages, Georgia got me also but I don't know why, though the original clip has some beautiful shots... and I would have given Germany for sure more points! Cause Women rule the world :)

Anyway the clip from Georgia really caught on me, so I now search for some Hungarian folk art, which I really enjoy watching :)

Take care, whoever you are, I do!

By The Way - all clips can be found on Youtube or under www.eurovision.tv choose mediacenter, in the upper 1/3 of the page on the right side. In the new site click on the interpretes country and then on the play icon at the movie.

No comments: