Friday, May 11, 2007

Eurovision 2007 Semi-finals

After last year, when my friend came back from Croatia and talked in a high note about the Eurovision in Croatia, it stuck in my mind. And now it is here again :)
Of course I'm not really into pop as I already described my music taste, but accidently I have heard, that the Hungarian winner of the last years "Mega Star" (TV competition for the best voice of the country) is going to participate.
Hungarys "Mega Star" this year was an extraordinary competition. The last 4 competitors were incredible and extremly diverse. And the winner was Magdolna Ruzsa from Serbia (living there in the local Hungarian minority) Here are some of my favourite songs (thanks YouTube :), enjoy:
Ruzsa Magdolna
Ederlezi - Goran Bregovic
AC/DC - Highway To Hell
Rocky Horror Picture Show - Time warp
Szabo Eszter
Don't Cry For Louie - Vaya Con Dios
Good Luck - Basement Jaxx
AC/DC - shook me all night long
Poka Angela
Mercedes Benz - Janis Joplin
Szomoru Vasarnap (almost with the "original text", was played by various interprets under the title: Gloomy Sunday)
Miss Celie's Blues
As my ankle sparkled (I hope I wrote the name of the injury correctly) on thuesday and on my mothers wish I came home on thursday. I just saw the last 3 competitors of the semifinals. To say the truth I wasn't really interested in watching all the interprets. But in the review I have seen some quality music also. I'm a bit disappointed that the Czech group, Kabat, didn't got into the finals, according to the review there where playing some typical Czech rock music, which the Czechs and Slovaks like to sing on concerts. I like that atmosphere :)
What I really enjoyed at the end of the show was the finish performance (it is now organized by Finland), where I would say the author of the scene nicely combined, according to my knowledge, the best Finland can offer in music.
  1. Finnish folk
  2. A weak guitar play (most propably because it is a commercial show, but at least they remembered the finish guitar heroes)
  3. Of course with a beautiful opera singers voice

Basically this is for me the old Nightwish concept :) ... I haven't heard yet what they are playing now.
Back to the most important information: Hungary Got Into The Finals!!! :)

PS: hopefully I will find a lot of youtube videos from this eurovision :)

No comments: